Sunday, February 21, 2010

The New Year! ... February 21st...

Call me a Julia and Julia wannabe (or whatever the movie was called), but that girl was on to something when she set out to publicly accomplish cooking an entire cookbooks worth of recipes with a certain end-date in mind, while using blogging as an accountability/experience tracker. Don't think me presumptious but I intend to do the same thing... with my life. For the next 50 days. On this blog. Oh God, I hope this isn't as bad of an idea as it looks when I'm typing it.

The thing is, my birthday is in 50 days as of tomorrow morning (April 12th), and as I sit in my room mapping out goals for this time and season of my life, I realized I have never stuck to anything for my mind or body consistently for longer than 2 weeks. Whether it was time with the Lord, time at the gym, or even brushing my teeth every day, there always seems to be something trumping my will to be consistent. I want to get to the bottom of this, if it means being publicly humiliated by exposing and proving this weakness online, then SO BE IT!

I'm not gonna lie, I start out so confidently, but what about spring break? What about Sunday? What about a friend in town for the weekend? What about the fact that if I can't stick to anything I set out to do on my own, I will be missing out on a side of me that never gets to see the light of day. I want to see that... I am on a mission to see that side of me that feels victorious in accomplishing the goals I set out for myself. So, without further ado, here is the lineup of my 50-day goals... my DAILY goals for the next 50 days... the 2 1/2 (+) hours/day I am commiting to specific activities starting tomorrow until April 12, 2010. After April 12th, if all goes well as it should, I will lay out NEW goals. They will be different. They will be awesomer. NOW without further ado...

Goal 1. I will spend 1 hour/day towards time with the Lord (if He will have me, and I have a feeling he will) and prayer for family and friends.

Goal 2. I will dedicate 45 minutes/day towards physical activities like strength-training, toning, yoga/pilates, etc... (sweating in general) *I WILL fit into my fav. jeans like no other on my b-day*

Goal 3. I will dedicate my money to the Lord, saving and budgeting according to the Financial Peace University guidelines. I will stick to the envelope system and go to class on Thursday nights.

Goal 4. I will spend 30 minutes/day toward mental strengthening in crossword puzzles, sudoku, etc..., or in reading a book.

Goal 5. I will commit my body to the Lord and eat nourishing, healthy foods that honor my body and the Holy Spirit inside of me. (No fast food, no excessively sugary/fattning foods)


There's my 5 goals. I hope they aren't too lofty. I hope no one thinks I'm crazy. I hope people want me to succeed. My hope is that I will blog about what the Lord is telling me every day (supposing it is shareable). I will at least share from my "thought of the day" book 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young. I want to share what each day has brought into my awareness with who ever cares to find out. And if no one cares, this will be a good exercise for me anyway. But, I think there are people who care... maybe even a creeper or two?

My highs and lows of the day I will post on twitter (see link above). We'll see how practical that is in the coming days.

I just want to update this baby every day so that every day is present and accounted for. It may or may not happen depending on our internet. Let's be honest there's no excuse. Even Dairy Queen has free wireless. OK glad we cleared that up. Glad I don't work at Dairy Queen anymore. Glad I did at one point in my life. But, that's another blog.

No comments: